Main Article Content
This study aims to analyze communication in virtual communities that are reviewed from a business, health and career-linkedIn perspective. This research uses the literature review method through literature search both books and international and national journals. The results showed that the virtual community was established and developed through Computer Mediated Communication (CMC) on various platforms. Virtual communities develop because individuals have the same goal. They bind themselves to join and exchange ideas, information in a virtual community because there are common motives and goals to be achieved. There are several similarities and differences that bind individuals to join virtual communities from a business, health and career-linked perspective. Trust and security are the main keys of individuals joined in virtual communication in various fields. In addition, in the business perspective, two reasons individuals join online trade are the use of a conducive community and virtual social environment. While in the context of health, the reason the community joins is the ease of accessing health information, trust and security of user data. Finally, in the context of career-linked development, individuals tie themselves into the community because this platform has advantages in forming social network capital, knowledge capital to form friendships. Virtual communities on various platforms (business, health and careers) continue to grow and are increasingly being asked by users.
Keywords: community; social media; users; virtual
- Al H.Al-badi, A. H., Okam, O., Roobaea, R. Al, & Mayhew, P. J. (2013). Improving Usability of Social Networking Systems : A Case Study of LinkedIn. Journal If Internet Social Networking & Virtual Communities, 2013, 1–23. https://doi.org/10.5171/2013.889433
- Aydin, M. N., & Perdahci, N. Z. (2016). Network Analysis of an Interactive Health Network. Journal Of Internet Social Networking & Virtual Communities, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5171/2016.
- Baym, N. K. (2015). Social Media and the Struggle for Society. Social Media and Society, April-JUli(Social Media and the Struggle fo Society), 1–2. https://doi.org/10.1177/2056305115580477
- Blanchard, A., & Horan, T. (2015). Virtual Communities and Social Capital (Vol. Chapter I). https://doi.org/10.1177/089443939801600306
- Dewi, R. K. (2018). Sehatpedia, Aplikasi Konsultasi dan Layanan Kesehatan Buatan Kemenkes Halaman all - Kompas. Retrieved from https://lifestyle.kompas.com/read/2018/10/11/152635920/sehatpedia-aplikasi-konsultasi-dan-layanan-kesehatan-buatan-kemenkes?page=all
- Fuchs, C. (2014). Social Media a cricitcal intoduction. London: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Kay, R. H., & Holmes, J. M. (2018). Exploring Virtual Communities of Practice in Healthcare Education Exploring Virtual Communities of Practice in Healthcare Education. In EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 1686–1691). Amsterdam, Netherlands. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328702854_Exploring_Virtual_Communities_of_Practice_in_Healthcare_Education
- Li, H. (2014). Virtual Community Studies : A Literature Review , Synthesis and Research Agenda. Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems, New York, (January 2004).
- Nasrullah, Rulli. 2016. Media Sosial (Perspektif Komunikasi, Budaya dan Sosioteknologi). Bandung. PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Othmani, L., & Bouslama, N. (2015a). Perceived Quality of a Virtual Community and Its Components : An Exploratory Investigation. Journal of Internet Social Networking & Virtual Communities, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5171/2015.
- Othmani, L., & Bouslama, P. N. (2015b). Highlighting the Influence of Virtual Communities on the Online Shopper Trust. Journal of Internet Social Networking & Virtual Communities, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5171/2015.603496
- Petriella, Y. (2019). Payung Hukum Aplikasi Kesehatan Online Mendesak - Ekonomi Bisnis. Retrieved from https://ekonomi.bisnis.com/read/20190820/12/1138705/payung-hukum-aplikasi-kesehatan-online-mendesak
- Picard, R. G. (2015). The humanisation of media ? Social media and the reformation of communication. Communication Research and Practice, 1(1), 32–41. https://doi.org/10.1080/22041451.2015.1042421
- Putri, N. E., Hakim, N., & Yamin, M. (2016). Ecologicall Footprint and Biocapacity Analysis for Flooding Prevention in South Sumatera. Jurnal Mimbar, 32(1), 58–64.
- R.Roy, S. (2012). Virtual Collaboration : The Skills Needed to Colaborate in a Virtual Enviroment. Journal Of Internet Social Networking & Virtual Communities, 2012, 1–8. https://doi.org/10.5171/2012.629512
- Rheingold, B. H. (2005). The Virtual Community : Table of Contents.
- Simpson, J. (2002). Computer-mediated communication. Journal Volume 56/4. Oxford University Press., 56(October), 414–415.
- Steinfield, C., Ellison, N., Lampe, C., & Vitak, J. (2012). Online social network sites and the concept of social capital. In The Internet Turning 40 Conference School of Journalism and Mass Communication Chinese (pp. 115–131). New York: Routledge. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328702854_Exploring_Virtual_Communities_of_Practice_in_Healthcare_Education
- https://kominfo.go.id/content/detail/14136/angka-penggunaan-media-sosial-orang-indonesia-tinggi-potensi-konflik-juga-amat-besar/0/sorotan_media (diakses 15 februari 2019).
- (https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2017/04/25/19310077/pengguna.linkedin.sudah.tembus.500.juta. (diakses 22 september 2019)