Diktum: Jurnal Syariah dan Hukum invites scholars and researchers in the field of Islamic Law (Sharia).
Papers submitted for publication must conform to the following guidelines:
- The article has not yet been published elsewhere, original, research-based, unpublished and not under review for possible publication in other journals.
- The article contains introduction, result, discussion, conclusion.
- Abstract written in Bahasa and English maximum length each 250 words, explaining introduction, method, result, and discussion.
- Keywords contain three to five words/phrases separated by semicolon and arranged by alphabetic.
- Introduction consisting of the background of study, problem, methods, previous research and theoretical framework.
- All submitted articles are subject to review of the editors, editorial board, and blind reviewers.
- Articles will be published in English and Arabic; however, they may be sent in Bahasa in approximately 5.500 - 9.000 words including tables, and figures.
- Quotations, passages, and words in local language should be translated in English.
- Citations and bibliographical style must be set automatically using Reference Manager (e.g. Mendeley, EndNote, Zotero) in Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition (full-note), for guidance click here.
- Any notes may appear in footnote.
- Submissions that violate our guidelines concerned with formatting or length will be rejected without review.
- Papers must be written based on the template and author guidelines.
- This journal accepts only electronic submissions.
- Arabic romanization should be written based on the transliteration system of the Library of Congress (LC) Guidelines. For detail characters on Arabic romanization, please refer to our chart here.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.