Main Article Content
The presence of students in Riau province has been carried away by the
sophistication of social media technology, whether they are consumers or producers.
Young students of social media activists are required to be creative in using it. Its presence
as a cyber army on social media has become a determining factor in the community formed
in each campus based on religion. This continues to spark debate on social media when
there is an action to defend Islam. The formation of cyber troops by naming them on social
media is the Muslim Cyber Army, they are tasked with escorting, filtering, and also
clarifying news or information circulating on social media, especially on Instagram social
media. This study aims to determine how much influence the role of the cyber army has and
changes in social media culture on the existence of Malay Malay culture, which means that
the old communication practices that change with new media (social media) lead to
cultural changes in social media so that local culture such as Malay culture is changing
Riau is affected. The results of the research under study there is a positive and significant
effect simultaneously of 54% of the role of the cyber army in changing social media culture
on the existence of Riau Malay culture. This means that students in Riau province as a
cyber army have a role in changing social media culture to maintain the existence of Malay
- Afandi, M. (2018). Menelisik Eksistensi Budaya Melayu di Bumi Lancang Kuning.
- Cody, M. J., & Rogers, E. M. (2004). Entertainment-Education and Social Change, History, Research, and Practice. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., Publishers.
- Gandhi, R. A., Sousan, W., & Laplante, P. A. (2011). Dimesions Of Cyber-Attacks. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, (February), 28–38. https://doi.org/10.1109/MTS.2011.940293
- Jensen, K. B., & Helles;, R. (2010). The internet as a cultural forum : Implications for research. New Media & Society, 4(1983), 517–533. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444810373531
- Kaplan, A. M., & Haenlein, M. (2017). Users of the world , unite ! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media. Business Horizons, 53(February 2010), 59–68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2009.09.003
- Lestari, P. (2018). Analisa Wacana Kritis Fenomena MCA (Muslim Cyber Army) Pasca Aksi Bela Islam di Instagram. Ilmu Aqidah Dan Studi Keagamaan, 6.
- Nasrullah, R. (2015). Media Sosial Perspektif Komunikasi, Budaya, dan Sosioteknologi. Bandung: Simbiosa Rekatama Media.
- Neuman, W. L. (2011). Metode Penelitian Sosial - Pendekatan Kualitatif dan Kuantitatif (7th ed.). Jakarta: PT. Indeks.
- Odii, A. (2018). Social Media Culture : Change And Resistance , A Tool For Change Management. A Journal of Theater and Media Studies, 13 (2)(February), 318–327.
- Rofiq, A. (2007). Pengaruh Dimensi Kepercayaan (Trust) Terhadap Partisipasi Pelanggan E-Commerce.
- Shasrini, T., & Daherman, Y. (2018). Aktivisme Cyber Army di Media Sosial ( Studi Fenomenologi Komunitas Unit Kegiatan Mahasiswa Islam di Universitas Islam Riau ). Medium, 6, 61–67.
- Syu’ib. (2017). Lembaga Adat Melayu Riau Periode 2012-2017 Dalam Menegakkan Identitas Kolektif Masyarakat Riau. JOM FISIP, 4(2), 1–15.
- Youmans, W. L., & York, J. C. (2012). Social Media and the Activist Toolkit : User Agreements , Corporate Interests , and the Information Infrastructure of Modern Social Movements. Journal Of Communication, 62, 315–329. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2012.01636.x