Main Article Content
Sasak script is a cultural heritage of the Sasak tribe that has an identity, is unique and deserves to be preserved. The existence of the Sasak script is currently increasingly eroded along with the development of globalization and modernization in society. In fact, many young people do not know the Sasak script both in the form of writing and pronunciation. This study aims to determine the extent to which this Sasak script still survives in society in the current era of globalization and modernization. This study used descriptive qualitative method. Data collection using surveys and interviews. The respondents of this study were parents and adolescents. The problem being studied is how is the interest of the younger generation in knowing Sasak characters? The results of this study indicate that the younger generation's interest in knowing Sasak characters is very low. Indicators that show the low interest of the younger generation in knowing Sasak characters include: the younger generation perceives ancient and traditional Sasak characters, the occurrence of globalization and modernization, the lack of storytellers from ancient parents. Based on the results of the research that has been done, it takes several efforts to arouse the interest of the younger generation in knowing the Sasak script so that it is not eroded, one of which is the use of information technology such as creating creative content about Sasak script then uploading it on a YouTube or Instagram account to attract youths, making books. specifically about the Sasak script
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Agung, Dewa Agung Gede. 2017. “Keragaman Keberagaman (Sebuah Kodrati Kehidupan Berbangsa Dan Bernegara Berdasarkan Pancasila).” Sejarah Dan Budaya : Jurnal Sejarah, Budaya, Dan Pengajarannya 11(2):151–59.
- Agustin, Yoga and Dyah Satya. 2011. “Penurunan Rasa Cinta Budaya Dan Nasionalisme Generasi Muda Akibat Globalisasi.” Jurnal Sosial Humaniora 4(2):177–85.
- Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2015. Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Aswasulasikin, Sri Pujiani, and Yul Alfian Hadi. 2020. “Penanaman Nilai Nasionalis Melalui Pembelajaran Budaya Lokal Sasak Di Sekolah Dasar.” Jurnal Didika: Wahana Ilmiah Pendidikan Dasar VI(1):63–76.
- Bahri, Syaiful. 2018. “The Comparative Study On Sasak and Samawa Folktales: Understanding The People Of Sasak and Samawa.” MABASAN 12(2):167–84.
- Jayadi, Suparman. 2018. “RASIONALISASI TINDAKAN SOSIAL MASYARAKAT SUKU SASAK TERHADAP TRADISI PERANG TOPAT (Studi Kasus Masyarakat Islam Sasak Lombok Barat).” Jurnal Sosiologi Agama 11(1):13.
- Samsu, Lalu Muhammad, Muhammad Saiful, and Hariman Bahtiar. 2020. “Komparasi Algoritma Denoising Dan Binarization Dengan Adaptive Thresholding Dan Morfologi Untuk Menigkatkan Kualitas Keterbacaan Citra Naskah Lontar (Takepan) Sasak.” Infotek : Jurnal Informatika Dan Teknologi 3(2):204–10.
- Widodo, Arif. 2020a. “Nilai Budaya Ritual Perang Topat Sebagai Sumber Pembelajaran IPS Berbasis Kearifan Lokal Di Sekolah Dasar.” Gulawentah:Jurnal Studi Sosial 5(1):1–16.
- Widodo, Arif. 2020b. “Profil Pengetahuan Calon Guru SD Terhadap Literasi Aksara Lokal Sasambo.” Jurnal Pedagogik 07(01):74–106.
- Widodo, Arif, Dyah Indraswati, Setiani Novitasari, Nursaptini Nursaptini, and Aisa Nikmah Rahmatih. 2020. “Interest of Learning Local Script Sasambo PGSD Students University Mataram.” Primary: Jurnal Pendidikan Guru Sekolah Dasar 9(3).
- Widodo, Arif, Umar Umar, Deni Sutisna, and Muhammad Tahir. 2020. “Primary School Teacher Prospective Perception Of Sasambo Local Script Preservation In NTB.” Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan Missio 12(2):116–29.
- Wilian, Sudirman and Baiq Nurul Husaini. 2019. “Pergeseran Pemakaian Tingkat Tutur (Basa Alus) Bahasa Sasak Di Lombok.” Linguistik Indonesia 36(2):161–85.